Chad and I recently celebrated our four year anniversary. While on vacay we decided that we were ready to try for another baby. Well it happened A LOT faster this time and we are expecting a new baby soon. I found out the other day on the way to church that I was pregnant. I wanted to suprise Chad in some fun way, but he was going out of town for several days the next morning and I knew I couldn't keep that kind of secret for days. So on the way home from church late at night I texted Chad and asked him if he was ready to be a daddy again. He called me confused/excited and a bit hysterical. It was pretty cute. :)
The first person I told was my aunt Jeri. She was the LAST to find out about my pregnancy with Ella. She actually read it on Rachel's blog. I tried to tell her but I wasn't able to see her in person. So this time I decided she would find out first. I went to dinner with Jeri, Bob and Tab and told them that Ella was going to be a big sister, which sounds crazy when you see this little 7 month old baby. :) Jeri was thrilled and even cried a little bit.
We went to visit my dad and Jill the next day. We walked in with Ella and her big sister shirt and said look at the new shirt we got for Ella. Jill read the shirt and said "oh I am a big sister what does that mean?" Then it clicked. They were both so excited and a little surpised. I hadn't even had a chance to tell them we were trying yet.
The next weekend we went to Houston for Lindsey and Andy's couple shower. We arrived at Keith and Carol with this adorable little cutey dressed in her fancy new shirt. They were completely suprised. Then we all hopped in the car to go suprise aunt Lindsey. Lindsey said this was the best wedding present she could receive. She loves being an aunt!!!
A week later we went to visit my mom for the weekend. She told me she needed a good picture for her desk of Ella. So said here is your picture mom. It was a double frame and one side had a picture of Ella. The other side said "Picture to arrive in April". She looked at it and read it several times. Then yelled "Again?!!" I think my mom thought we were a bit crazy for having two kiddos so close together, but she was thrilled to meet her new grandbaby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment