Easter was so much fun this year! Ella can now understand the excitement behind the holidays. Although, I think I totally freaked her out by telling her that the Easter Bunny was going to come to her house in the middle of the night and hide eggs. Her explanation of Easter is as follows: "The Easter Bunny going come to my house and make a BIG MEESSSS! Then I have to clean it up!!" She seemed excited about cleaning that mess though. :) Do you know how hard it is to explain Easter to a two-year-old? I didn't want it to be all about the Bunny and candy so I tried to explain to her that Easter is when celebrate that Jesus died for all of us so that we could have life. Then she says "Is Jesus coming to my house too?" so I tried to tell her "well yes Jesus is always at your house, he loves you very much!" Then she got scared because "Jesus was in her room". I give up!! Maybe next year :)
The girls had a great time egg hunting. I am so happy that Livi was already walking by Easter it made it a lot more fun for her. She had a great time running around and picking up the eggs. She didn't understand the basket part though. She thought I was taking the eggs away from her so she wouldn't put them in the basket. Once her hands were full she couldn't pick up anymore eggs. Everytime I tried to get her to put them in the basket she yelled "MINEEE!!" and ran away. :)
I learned a valuable lesson though.... I was so excited about making REAL dyed eggs. I thought it would encourage the girls to eat real eggs instead of candy after Easter. I realized however that the concept of the real Easter eggs was more than our little toddlers could understand. Ella, Dealey and Livi ran around the yard picking up the real eggs and ripping them open to find the candy. When they realized there was no candy they through them down and moved on. After a while D stopped picking them up all together and Livi was eating the eggs...shell and all. Then I forgot to put the eggs in the refridgerator after Easter so they were ruined and the kids couldn't eat them. Epic fail! Oh well maybe next year :)
All in all we had a fabulous time! I love Easter because we are able to share it with all of our family in one place. Thank you to all of our family for coming to spend this amazing holiday with us!!
P.S. Lindsey and Andy we missed you!!!
Ella licking the marshmallow from the fondant bowl
Our first Easter egg-dying experience...yes in wine glasses :)
Having so much fun!!
Some of the eggs had toys in them
Hmmmm not quite Ella
MIINNEEEEE!
Livi loving on Cohen
1 comment:
That is exactly what Rowan did (other than the yelling "Mine!" part). He thought we were trying to take the eggs away from him and he would take off running trying to leave the backyard with the two he had in his hands! Too funny! :)
Post a Comment