4/6/07 The BIG news

Today was the day that we told my family and friends. Chad and I were so nervous. I almost slapped him at the restaruant because I thought he would give it away! Every five minutes he would turn to me and say "can we tell them now? What about now?" When I arrived at my mom's house earlier in the evening she said "so I guess no baby yet?" and I said "no, not yet I'm not sure when it will happen" it was hard to lie her but I knew it was worth it. Almost my whole family went to dinner with us for Easter (Mom, Rick, Matt, Rachel, Nanny, Grandaddy, Karen, Aubrey and Scott) this made it so much more fun. After about 20 minutes of talking and catching up with one another. I told everyone that I wanted to take their picture. When I took the picture I said 1, 2, "I'm pregnant!!!" and my mom yelled back "No you're not!" I had to say "yes really I am". It was very funny. She was mad that I lied to her. Everyone was very excited. It took a little while for the news to sink in. Then I passed out their crosses that Chad and I had made for them. They loved them!

After dinner Chad and I went to go bowling with the girls for Laura's birthday. Brooke asked me again if there was a baby yet and I told her no also. We talked about other girls we went to high school with who her pregnant so it was hard to keep the secret. When Vicky arrived we decided that it was time to tell them. Chad sat down and quietly said to Brooke "well Megan is pregnant" Brooke was so suprised she started shaking and crying. I told her to tell Vicky and she said that she couldn't. Then Chad went around and told the rest of the girls and guys. They were all thrilled! Jay said that he gets to babysit and Trish was excited about going shopping for the baby. She also told me that she will teach it to dance, but she is pretty sure it will have dancing in it's blood! We had a lot of fun with girls, then I was exhausted so we had to go home early.

No comments: